Based in Louiseville, Quebec, IsoCanMed, a cannabis company, is looking for a highly motivated manager for the position of Director, Packaging and Shipping.
General description of the position
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the candidate will set up the packaging, labeling and shipping processes. The candidate will manage the department and team responsible for these processes, in accordance with regulatory requirements, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and IsoCanMed policies. He / she will ensure the continuous improvement of these processes.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring a safe and productive environment in compliance with regulatory, administrative, health, safety and financial policies of IsoCanMed. He / she will work in collaboration with the other departments of IsoCanMed in order to achieve these objectives.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Establishment and management of packaging, labeling and shipping processes.
- Develop and maintain SOPs in connection with these processes.
- Establishment and management of a work team for the execution of the packaging, labeling and shipping processes.
- Ensure that employees work in accordance with SOPs, hygiene, health and safety standards and the Cannabis Regulations in order to have a product that meets specifications at all times.
- Maintain good working relations and a harmonious work climate.
- Implement changes to working methods with a view to continuous improvement, in order to ensure the efficiency and compliance of operations.
- Ensure that the required raw data is documented and verified, as required in the SOPs.
- Responsible for providing the necessary documents and data for the batch record.
- Establish the production schedule based on delivery dates.
- Ensure that the target productivity level is reached and update the production schedule in order to meet these objectives.
- Ensure that delivery dates are respected and take the actions required to meet them.
- Inventory management of packaging material to ensure production goals are met.
- Work in collaboration with the various IsoCanMed departments and suppliers to examine, select and assist in the purchase of packaging materials and / or equipment.
- Work closely with the quality assurance department for the development, implementation and improvement of SOPs.
- Work closely with the quality assurance department for issuing deviations related to the packaging, labeling and shipping processes.
- Work closely with the quality assurance department for employee training.
- Work in close collaboration with other departments and the Management of IsoCanMed.
- Prepare reports and perform various administrative tasks.
- Any other related tasks assigned and operationally required.
Qualifications / Experiences sought:
- Bachelor of Science (engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, biology, microbiology, biotechnology, etc.).
- 5 to 10 years of experience as a manager in a production environment, more specifically in packaging.
- Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry, natural health product, food products or any other field operating in a controlled environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite software.
- Possess excellent skills to effectively supervise, mobilize and rally a work team.
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Organized and observant.
- Demonstrate rigor in all aspects of their work.
- Great attention to detail.
Other experiences and qualifications:
- Knowledge of the Cannabis Law and Regulations (asset).
- To be discussed according to experience.
Interested candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org